Mango Royale made with delicious layers of sweetened cream, graham crackers, and Manila mangoes. Creamy and refreshing with loads of fresh fruit flavor, this Filipino icebox cake is a favorite for all occasions.
I’ve wanted for months to make mango royale, but Philippine mangoes were not yet in season, and I couldn’t find any even at Asian supermarkets. I tried to satisfy the cravings with an espresso version, but although it was delicious in its own right, nothing can come close to the bright, summery flavors of our classic Filipino icebox cake in my book!
I guess good things do come to those who wait for here it is, finally, my take on mango float! With soft clouds of sweetened cream and generous bits of sweet mangoes between softened layers of graham crackers, it’s definitely worth the anticipation.
If you’re looking for a no-fuss dessert, this no-bake mango graham cake needs to be on your list. It’ s so easy to put together, all you need are four ingredients and twenty minutes of prep. The hardest part of the recipe is waiting for the cake to set!
- Use a square baking dish that is deep enough for the multiple layers plus at least 1 inch of headspace, so the top cream layer doesn’t stick to the film when covered.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper, leaving about an inch of overhang on each side to help lift the cake off the pan for serving.
- I use heavy cream in this recipe, but you can also use Nestle’s all-purpose cream.
- To ensure maximum value, make sure the heavy cream and condensed milk are icy cold. It would also help to chill your beaters and mixing bowl for at least 15 to 20 minutes before whipping.
- You can swap the graham crackers with broas (lady fingers) or digestive biscuits if you like.
- For variety, try strawberries, avocado, canned peaches or fruit cocktail in place of the mangoes.
When I am not too pressed for time (or too lazy), I like to use mango puree instead of diced mangoes. I hope you try this method as well as it does up the flavor. I included both ways in the recipe card below for your convenience.
Need more mango goodness in your life? Try this Grilled Shrimp Mango Avocado Salad; it makes a delicious side dish or light meal. No need for an ice cream maker to enjoy this homemade No-churn Mango Ice Cream! Ice cold Mango Nectar is one of the best ways to refresh on hot summer days!